|12+ Свидетельство СМИ ЭЛ № ФС 77 - 70917
Лицензия на образовательную деятельность №0001058
|Пользовательское соглашение Контактная и правовая информация|
Украина, Донецкая область, г. Снежное
Материал размещён в группе «УРОК.РФ: группа для участников конкурсов»
Тест «A Champion»
в формате MS WORD (*.DOC)
Evgeni Plushenko is an Olympic Champion, World Champion, European Champion, Grand Prix Champion and National Champion.
Name: Evgeni Viktorovich Plushenko (Zhenya)
Date of Birth: 3rd November, 1982
Birthplace: Solnechni in the Khabarovsk region in Siberia (moved to Volgograd when he was 3)
Family: Father - Viktor; Mother - Tatiana; Sister - Elena
Pets: A bulldog called Golden and a Persian cat
Hometown: St Petersburg (moved from Volgograd when he was 11)
Home Club/Coach: Yubileiny Sport Club; Alexei Nickolaevich Mishin
Best Personal Scores: 258.33; Short - 90.66; Free Skate - 167.67 (Olympics 2006).
It was my dream when I was 4. I saw a competition and said to my mum, «I have to be there». I said that I wanted to be an Olympic champion. Now I have all the titles and I am really very happy.
Young Evgeni began life next to the railroad in a house his father built. He was a sickly child and, after Evgeni spent three months in hospital with double pneumonia, his parents decided to move to Volgograd.
When Evgeni joined his first skating group, his health quickly improved, but being the youngest meant he still had many difficulties to overcome. He used to cry when he fell on the hard ice, unable to get up again. However, Evgeni persevered and won his first competition when he was seven at the Crystal Skate Tournament in Samara.
Evgeni was obviously very talented, but his career almost ended in 1993 when the local ice rink closed. Although he was only eleven years old, Evgeni was determined to pursue his dream even if it meant living alone in St Petersburg. Training with Alexei Mishin, young Evgeni ignored the teasing from older kids as he learned how to perform the quad toe loop and the Biellmann spin.
In 1998, fifteen-year-old Evgeni won the World Junior Championships and finished 3'° in the Senior World Championships. A string of victories followed, and by 2006, Evgeni had won every major championship except one. Having recovered from a serious injury, Evgeni finally won the Olympic gold medal in Turin, setting new personal bests for each phase of the competition.
The dream has come true, but where will he go from here? For a true champion like Evgeni Plushenko, victory is only a beginning.
Read the text and mark the sentences as T(True), F(False).
1. Young Evgeni began his life next to the bus station in a house his father built.
2. His family consists of three people.
3. He has got a bulldog called Golden and a canary.
4. His parents decided to move to St Petersburg because he was a sickly child.
5. He won his first competition when he was seven at the Crystal Skate Tournament in Samara.
6. Evgeni was obviously very talented, but his career almost finished in 1993.
7. His trainer was Andrei Mishin
8. When he was ten years old, Evgeni won the World Junior Championships.
10. Evgeni won the Olympic gold medal in Turin.
Read the text, then choose the correct answer (A,B or C).
1. Evgeni Plushenko was born on the…
a) fifth of November, 1082.
b) third of November, 1982.
c) third of November, 1983.
2. When Evgeni was four, he said…
a) «I want to be a coach».
b) «I want to be an Olympic champion».
c) «I want to be a runner».
3. He was…child.
a) a sickly
b) a creative
c) a curious
4. Evgeni spent three months in hospital
a) with the flu.
b) with double pneumonia.
c) with a broken arm.
5. In Volgograd Evgeni joined his…
a) skating group.
b) football club.
c) skiing group.
6. His career almost ended in…
7. He moved from Volgograd when he was…
8. He won … in Turin.
a) the Olympic gold medal
b) the Olympic silver medal
c) the Olympic bronze medal
9. He has got…
a) a dog and a fish.
b) a dog and a canary.
c) a dog and a cat.
10. Now Evgeni is really very…